Mitcham road Barracks

‘4th Battalion, The Queen’s (Royal West Surrey Regiment); head quarters [plus A, B, D, F and H Companies] (Kelly, 1913)

‘South Eastern Mounted Brigade Transport & Supply Column [ASC]; head quarters, Mitcham Road Barracks.’ (Kelly, 1913)

‘The Barracks, on the Mitcham road, erected in 1794, were formerly used as a depot for recruits for the three regiments of foot guards; they are now the head quarters of the 4th Territorial Force Battalion The Queen’s (Royal West Surrey Regiment).’ (Kelly, 1913)

We believe that the Barracks are extant, and have a reference to an address on Park street but at present no further information.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy