West street

5th Battalion The Queen’s (Royal West Surrey Regiment) (G Co. (Kelly, 1913)

Kelly, 1913, reports that, ‘The Drill Hall [in West street] was erected in 1889 by Lord Ashcombe, at a cost of £1,500.’ (He was referred to in Kelly, 1891, as ‘the Right Hon. George Cubitt P.C. M.P.’ )

Dorking Drill Hall is currently used by Surrey County Library Services as a book depository. [2008]

We are grateful to Simon Jervis for the updated information and the photographs.

Front elevation - Dorking Drill Hall
Front elevation

Rear elevation - Dorking Drill Hall
Rear elevation
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy