Dolgelly (now Dolgellau)

Location unknown

'E' 7 Royal Welsh Fusiliers

After the Territorial and Reserve Force Act came into force on 1st April 1908, drill halls were built in several towns. Dolgellau was one of them.

According to an elderly resident of Dolgellau, the drill hall which is behind the Court House is a 1930s Home Guard building. Its appearance supports his recollection. The premises used during the Great War were demolished many years ago.
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy