Shellons street
133 Dover road

Shellons street:
2nd Kent Battery, 3rd Home Counties (Cinque Ports) Brigade Royal Field Artillery

Territorial Force Battalion (4th) The Buffs (East Kent Regiment) (D Company): Head quarters

H Company, Kent Cyclist Battalion

All the above references are taken from Kelly, 1913.

We understand that this drill hall was demolished in about 1979/80. The site is now a supermarket and car park.

Dover road:
Kelly, 1891, lists 'Cinque Ports (1st) Volunteer Brigade, Eastern division, Royal Artillery; No. 3 Battery, Storehouse & drill shed, 133 Dover road.'

ds 'D' Squadron Royal East Kent Yeomanry
ds No 3 Company Kent RGA
ds B Section 2nd Home Counties Field Ambulance RAMC
Photograph not available
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy