High street
George street
Willson's road
4 Hardres street

ds 'C' Squadron Royal East Kent Yeomanry

'3rd Kent Battery (Left Section), 3rd Home Counties (Cinque Ports) Brigade Royal Field Artillery; Drill hall, 174 High street.' (Kelly, 1913) Also listed as Victoria road.

'Cinque Ports (1st) Volunteer Brigade, Eastern division, Royal Artillery (Nos. 4 & 5 Batteries); Drill hall, High street.' (Kelly 1891)

'4th Battalion (The Buffs) East Kent Regiment, (A Company), Drill hall, Willson's road.' (Kelly 1913) The Company is also listed at 4 Hardres street.

'First Volunteer Battalion (The Buffs) East Kent Regiment (A Company), St. George's hall, George street.' (Kelly 1891)

'Kent Cyclist Battalion (G Company), head quarters, Willson's road.' (Kelly, 1913)
South Eastern Mounted Brigade Field Ambulance: Victoria Road, Margate, with Drill Station at Ramsgate

St George's Hall
St George's Hall is a former Assembly Rooms, built in the 1840s, recorded in 1905 as being used for concerts, as a theatre in 1911, later a cinema and now a snooker club. It does not seem particularly well cared for.

174 High Street
There is no evidence at this location of the drill hall noted by Kelly. The present building at this address is a modern dwelling house (2007).
St George's Hall

St George's Hall

St George's Hall
© All material is copyright - refer to the Terms of Use

the first attempt at content

The Drill Hall Project - Charting a neglected legacy